[OpenLayers-Users] Toolbar alternatives

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Nov 27 18:52:48 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:23:37PM -0600, Steve Lime wrote:
> Greetings: Has anyone developed alternatives to the basic toolbar controls that are part
> of OpenLayers? I'm interested in 2 or 3 state tools,

2 or 3 state? What does that mean?

> being able to enable/disable tools,

This is possible with Control.Panel, but possibly buggy/unimplemented as
of yet.

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/822

> being able to easily swap icon sets.

Control.Panel icons are all controlled by CSS, easily overridable at the
application level.

> Stuff like that.
>
> Or can the Panel class be used to do all that?

I think that the control panel is probably the best place to start for
all the things you want, rather than going off and doing something else,
though others may disagree. I think that Bart did a custom toolbar for
his mapfish based app -- he might have some more feedback.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta