[OpenLayers-Users] GML/vector layers in IE

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 4 15:18:52 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 02:54:13PM -0500, Dejung Gewissler wrote:

Pleaes don't send HTML email.

> First, the vector layer not registering itself properly on the map i.e.
> the features are not in their correct location. In addition to them not
> being in their correct locations initially is that when you zoom in,
> them seem to jump to another location. The problem has not been obvious
> to me as it works OK in FF.

Is this problem related to the style support? If you remove the style /
rule usage, does this problem go away? I'd expect not, but want to
narrow it down.

Also, you're not using Google Maps as a base layer by any chance, are
you?

Also, does your map have a border or margin around it? You can look at
this in Firefox by looking at the element using Firebug, clicking the
HTML tab, clicking "Inspect" and looking at the 'Layout' sub-tab to the
right in Firebug.

> Second, the GML layer is not honoring the style/rule definitions in IE.
> Default colors are fine. Classified features don't display the correct
> colors.<br>

A small Javascript/HTML example of this would be good.  Ah, I see you've
attached one. Andreas may be able to help in that case.

> Third, when panning the map with a mouse drag event in IE the vector
> layer moves fine, but on the mouseout event (to stop that drag/pan) the
> vector layer flickers once. It seems that it is flashing the original
> location (before the pan started) once and then drawing the vectors in
> their final location. This flicker makes using the app in IE less
> elegant.<br>

I feel like there either is or was an open ticket on this. It's possible
that we punted on it for some reason, or that this is a different issue.
Eric or Pierre might have more ideas on that.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta