[OpenLayers-Users] GML/vector layers in IE

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 4 15:25:39 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 03:18:52PM -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 02:54:13PM -0500, Dejung Gewissler wrote:
> > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>
> Pleaes don't send HTML email.
>
> > First, the vector layer not registering itself properly on the map i.e.
> > the features are not in their correct location. In addition to them not
> > being in their correct locations initially is that when you zoom in,
> > them seem to jump to another location. The problem has not been obvious
> > to me as it works OK in FF.
> Also, does your map have a border or margin around it? You can look at
> this in Firefox by looking at the element using Firebug, clicking the
> HTML tab, clicking "Inspect" and looking at the 'Layout' sub-tab to the
> right in Firebug.

The answer to the question is "Yes": you have a 5px margin on your map
div. I suspect that putting #map { margin: 0px } in your CSS will fix
your offset. This is a bug in the way IE handles CSS, which we have not
worked around in our code. This is covered by #817 (or at least, it's
the same issue as #817, even if it isn't explicitly discussed).

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta