[OpenLayers-Users] display lat/long data (kml, etc); map not in epsg:4326

Paul McCullough Paul.McCullough at sfgov.org
Wed Jan 9 12:28:20 EST 2008

All,

How do I display lat/long data (kml, georss, etc) on a map control that is
not using the epsg:4326 projection?

Epsg:4326 is not ideal because it the display appears to be "stretched"
along x axis.

Within the context of epsg:4326, I have successfully used this labor saving
device:
var geoRSSLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS('Test GeoRSS Layer',
        ./data/pollplace_wgs84.georss.xml',
        {icon:blueIcon, format:OpenLayers.Format.GeoRSS} )

I have looked at epsg:900913 and it displays nicely for my area - and has
other mash up benefits.
But if I switch to epsg:900913 (or any other projection for that matter) how
do I plot lat/long data on the control?

I see this - SpericalMeractor.js
And I (mostly) like this -
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/spherical-mercator.html

I am quite happy to write my own code, but I need some guidance.

Thanks
Paul