[OpenLayers-Users] Content-type versus Content-Type

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Jan 23 10:18:46 EST 2008

Hi list,

first of all sorry for the cross-post, but I really have no clue if this is
a Geoserver or an OpenLayers issue.

I was using an OpenLayers AJAX POST call to Geoserver via proxy.cgi.

Now it turns out that Geoserver will only accept the request if I change
proxy.cgi from (note the lowercase type):

headers = {"Content-Type": os.environ["CONTENT_TYPE"]}

to:

headers = {"Content-type": os.environ["CONTENT_TYPE"]}

Where is this issue caused? Geoserver is running on Tomcat. Content-Type
seems the correct notation to me.

The error Geoserver gives me when using the former is:

<ows:ExceptionText>Could not determine geoserver request from http request
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade at 1eb9bc0f</ows:ExceptionText>

TIA.

Best regards,
Bart

--