[OpenLayers-Users] Displaying the whole world centered on Pacific

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:37:31 EDT 2008

singleTile doesn't do anything special to support the wrapDateLine
property, the underlying mapping technology just doesn't know how to
draw a map that spans the date line.

A feature enhancement of the singleTile mode when the wrapDateLine
property is set might be to actually have more than one tile where
each tile is lined up with the date line.  So there would be one
'singleTile' from the left edge of the extent to the date line, one
from first date line to the next (and so on) and a final one from the
date line to the right edge of the extent.

Unless you are willing to work on this, though, you may do better to
set up a tiled layer using WMS rather than a singleTile layer.

Cheers

Paul