[OpenLayers-Users] AWS S3 Support for OpenLayers???

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 15 08:31:20 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:40:11PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Does OpenLayers support Amazon S3 storage as a layer provider?

S3 is not a protocol, so it wouldn't have a Layer.

> If I generate ka-map style tiles and load them into S3 using the file
> path as the key, is there an easy way of serving these directly to an
> OpenLayers client?

The ka-Map support does not support the ka-Map cache directory style: it
works by communicating with tile.php. There has not been a patch
provided (That I'm aware of) to access ka-Map caches via the cache
directory.

This is similar to the difference between the Layer.TileCache and
Layer.WMS. There is no equivilant of Layer.TileCache for ka-Map caches.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta