[OpenLayers-Users] wfs stylemap example?

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 31 09:43:51 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> Alternatively, set your strokeWidth to a larger number (I always use 3).

Wow !  Haven't though about that but it's a simple and clever solution
:)  Thanks.
> You can't change the color when hovering, but you can change the cursor:
> set OpenLaeyrs.Feature.Vector['default'].cursor = "select"; and it will
> change the cursor when it is over a feature.

I think it's more like :
OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style['default'].cursor = "select";  but it's
not working.  The value "" of the cursor IS changed to "select", but
that does nothing when my mouse is over a feature.

In OpenLayers.Features, I have Vector and WFS.  I assumed that because
my layer is WFS I had to change my cursor there but it has no style.

Any ideas ?
> No real way to do that with the current code. Specifically, the reason
> is becasue the event is determined based on the browser saying "Here is
> the element that was under the mouse when the event triggered." But
> making the feature bigger will help.

I will try to think of something.

--
Alexandre Dubé