[OpenLayers-Users] setCenter with visible vectorlayers

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Fri May 2 19:14:22 EDT 2008

Is there a way to capture the event zoomstart (like zoomend)?

The problem

I display up to 100 vectorpoints at a high zoomlevel (14). Then I set center
to another area of the world without changing the zoomlevel. With this
action FF takes the control and I have to kill FF or wait, wait ... until FF
behave normally. If I set the visibility of the vectorlayers to false before
I center the map, then all works as it should be.

I have looked at the documentation, but nothing found to capture a zoomstart
to set the visibility to false for the vectorlayers.

I hope, someone can enlighten me.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/