[OpenLayers-Users] setCenter with visible vectorlayers

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Tue May 6 16:07:20 EDT 2008

Thanks Eric,

I have tried movestart with not the effect I want. But after I have send the
mail, I got the solution.

The problem is, that FF slowed down rapidly, when I set the center of the
map in a high zoomlevel to a new place (i.e. from Paris to Sydney) and have
vectorfeatures in the current view of the map. Set the visibility to false
is not sufficient, i have to kill the features.

The point is, I take the action of setting the new center and have to do the
task. Now I was able to build the code to prevend FF going to sleep.

The result can be seen here :
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/ClickPoint/clickpoint.html

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann