[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer on top of SphericalMercator layer

jrom jerome.gasperi at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:08:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to reproject lat/lon vector ontop of commercial api using
OpenLayers.
I've spent quite a lot of time on a strange behaviour. My vector does
not appear on the map when i switch on sphericalMercator to true...

The problem is that the point does not appear at all on the map.
However, when i switch sphericalMercator to false, it appears (but not
on the right place at large scale due to projection difference)

I really don't understand what i am doing wrong. I've check the
projected coordinates and they are correct...

Did someone experience such an issue ?

Regards

ps: Here is the code

 <head>
  <title>OpenLayers Example</title>
    <script src='http://dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/v3/mapcontrol.js'></script>
    <script src="http://openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js"></script>
    </head>
      <script defer='defer' type='text/javascript'>
           var map = new OpenLayers.Map("map", {
                   projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
                   displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
            });
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Permalink());
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());
            var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google",
                { sphericalMercator: true });
            map.addLayer(layer);
            map.zoomToMaxExtent();

            var wkt = new OpenLayers.Format.WKT();
            var features = wkt.read("POINT(-71, 42)");
            var myVector = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("GML",
 {projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913")});
            myVector.addFeatures(features);
            map.addLayer(myVector);
            map.zoomToExtent(myVector.getExtent());
      </script>

 For your information i'm using firefox 2.0.0.14 (inux and windows) and
 Safari (Leopard). Same problems on each platforms

 --
 jrom.
 http://www.ombresetlumieres.com