[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers Map of building *interior*

Alexander Schwartz aschwartz at solidworks.com
Thu May 8 11:42:26 EDT 2008

Hello All!

You have a great community here for openlayers users. I have a question,
if anyone knows of a way to accomplish what I want to do.

Basically I want to make a map of our office building, as the interior
is highly complex (none of the hallways are parallel nor perpendicular
to the exterior walls!). So I am aiming to create a 3d scene of the
building with the roof cut off, and then place that as a 'background',
so I can then set up points of interest on the map. The end goal is to
help new employees find their way around the building, as most people
get lost, even if they've been here a few weeks/months :)

So can I make OpenLayers skip the whole GPS-based earth map and use my
own flat scene as a background on which I can start building my map? The
whole thing should be deceptively simple and will use only select
features from OL.

I'm a beginner but am not afraid to go through tutorials and explore on
my own, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

-Alex