[OpenLayers-Users] Disable Vector Layer Mouseover--Spinning CPU

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Sun May 11 22:12:11 EDT 2008

Hi Matt,

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 02:35 +0930, Matthew Williamson wrote:
> I've got a map that uses a GML vector layer (loaded with about 8
> polygons from a GML file) and a SelectFeature control. The problem I'm
> having is that just moving the mouse over the layer when it is
> visible--whether the SelectFeature control is active or not--hogs the
> CPU on Firefox 2 in Windows to the point of making the map unusable.
> This is on a Core 2 Duo system, so I don't think it's normal...it's
> also not so bad in FF3b5 on Linux on a lesser machine.

Maybe you can provide a public URL that we can visit, so we can see
what is happening and what the code is you're using?
I cannot recall ever having experienced something like this, so I'm
curious what causes this.

Regards, Roald

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/