[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature Control only works with one layer?

Richard Marsden richard at winwaed.com
Tue May 13 14:04:26 EDT 2008

It looks like I can only define one SelectFeature control at once?

I am trying to attach event handlers to multiple layers so that I can
implement popup windows.
This works fine for one layer, but I really need this to work with about
3 layers.

According to the documentation, the API does not allow multiple layers
to be attached to one SelectFeature Control.
So I tried to create two SelectFeature Controls and attach these to
different layers.
Unfortunately this only works with one layer. All mouse events on the
other layer are ignored.

Is there a workaround for this bug/feature?

Thanks,

Richard Marsden
Winwaed Software Technology LLC
http://www.winwaed.com