[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature Control only works with one layer?

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:38:42 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Richard Marsden <richard at winwaed.com> wrote:
> It looks like I can only define one SelectFeature control at once?
>
>  I am trying to attach event handlers to multiple layers so that I can
>  implement popup windows.
>  This works fine for one layer, but I really need this to work with about
>  3 layers.
>
>  According to the documentation, the API does not allow multiple layers
>  to be attached to one SelectFeature Control.
>  So I tried to create two SelectFeature Controls and attach these to
>  different layers.
>  Unfortunately this only works with one layer. All mouse events on the
>  other layer are ignored.
>
>  Is there a workaround for this bug/feature?

Hi Richard,

this is a known issue related to limitations in current browsers. For
example with FireFox the SVG elements are opaque, i.e. DOM elements
that are under the SVG div (in terms of z-index) don't get events. I'm
sure if IE suffers the same, I recall someone reporting that IE didn't
have the problem (which puzzled me somehow).

Cheers,
--
Eric