[OpenLayers-Users] stitch together multiple maps?

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Thu May 15 17:41:53 EDT 2008

Hi Wendell

My belief is that you need something like Mapserver to serve the images. It would render a seamless "stitched" view on the fly, depending on the area you had zoomed into. OL just acts as the thin client viewer.

Cheers,

Robert Sanson

>>> Wendell Turner <wendell at enflight.com> 16/05/2008 5:33 a.m. >>>

I have several GeoTIFF images and each shows up just fine
(by itself, using gdal2tile to break them up).

How do I use OpenLayers to show a patchwork of maps?  That
is, the left edge of one is the right edge of the other; the
bottom of one is the top of yet another, etc.  In fact, I
have lots of these that form a mosaic of a given area.

Should I use gdalxxx to put them together to form one (very
large) map and then use gdal2tile to break it up, or craft
OpenLayers.Layer.TMS.prototype.getURL to determine which
patch to get?  If the latter, how do I reference everything
in lat/lon degrees instead of pixels?

Is there an example of this in the openlayers example
section?  I looked, but since I'm new to OpenLayers, I'm not
sure what I was seeing, or what I should be looking for.

Thanks,

Wendell

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.