[OpenLayers-Users] Enabling/disabling controls

François Van Der Biest f.vanderbiest at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:22:48 EDT 2008

Hi list,

Currently, OpenLayers controls can be activated/deactivated but not
enabled/disabled.
In my mind, a disabled control should not be able to change state, nor being
triggered, and its panel button would be grayed out (either in OpenLayers or
MapFish panel).

A simple use case would be the enabling/disabling of the SelectFeature
control, based on the presence of features in the vector layer it is
attached to. Other controls working on a vector layer's features could take
advantage of this new feature too.
Ticket 1535 ("featuresremoved" events on vector layers) would be of great
help to do this.

I just wanted to have your feedback on this before I write a ticket.

Thank's to you all,

F.