[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Ajax.Request question

Bobby H. Braswell rob.braswell at unh.edu
Fri May 16 11:23:48 EDT 2008

Hi-

I am trying to call a cgi script using OpenLayers.Ajax.Request in
OL2.6.  I have
the following call:

new OpenLayers.Ajax.Request(url, {
  method: 'post',
  parameters: {width: 150, height, 300},
  onComplete: printDone});

My problem is that if the method is post I am unable to get the
parameters with my script. If I change it to 'get' everything works
fine.  I cannot use the get method for the real call because I have
another parameter that I need to pass which is very long and if I pass
it with the get method then I get "URI Too Large" errors.

Thanks very much.

--
Bobby H. Braswell (Rob)
Institute for the Study of Earth Oceans and Space