[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError and TileCache layers

Diego Guidi diegoguidi at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:12:15 EDT 2008

> It should be. To some extent, if this isn't true, it's likely a browesr
> but, since this layer uses the same tile.Image as everything else.
So I need to investigate why this don't happen to me.

> If you're not pre-generating all your tiles, why ae you using a
> Layer.TileCache? If you know ahead of time that you do't need to include
> the last layer, why not just not include that zoom level in your map?
This is exactly what I've made.
But a layer missing at the max zoom in firefox and safari is simple a
not-loading symbol, a compromise acceptable for me.
tiles generation is a very expensive procedure, that needs almost a
month for last layers, so I like to maintain the max zoom levels and
maybe show not-found tiles during tile generation.
Thanks in any case for the answer :)