[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError and TileCache layers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu May 22 07:49:31 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:49:56AM +0200, Diego Guidi wrote:
> Looks like OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError function is not called
> when trying to get a missimg tile from a tilecache source using
> OpenLayers.Layers.TileCache layers.

It should be. To some extent, if this isn't true, it's likely a browesr
but, since this layer uses the same tile.Image as everything else.

> This is maybe obvious because TileCache generates a series of urls to
> tiles, and it's the browser that load images, but in my website with
> IE7 any missing tile generates an alert(stack overflow exception at
> line 0) for any tile missing :(

Never seen that before. No clue why it ould happen.

> It's impossible for me to generates tile for the last level because
> this requires years of work, so i need to show simply a default empty
> image.
> Any suggestion?

If you're not pre-generating all your tiles, why ae you using a
Layer.TileCache? If you know ahead of time that you do't need to include
the last layer, why not just not include that zoom level in your map?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta