[OpenLayers-Users] WFS WMS Comparison queries

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue May 27 07:52:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 07:12:50AM -0400, Obe, Regina wrote:
> I noticed there is a class called
>
> OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison which I thought was there for doing WFS/WMS
> LIKE, EQUAL_TO etc. attribute filters.
>
> Unfortunately I can't figure out how to use it against a WFS layers for
> that purpose or maybe it wasn't designed for that and only for applying
> styles.  I couldn't find any examples of it.

Currently, OpenLayers does not support making WFS Filter requests to WFS
filters via the WFS layer. There is ongoing work in this department, in
the 'vector-behavior' sandbox, being worked on by both TOPP and
camptocamp, as I understand it, which is targeted for inclusion in 2.7.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta