[OpenLayers-Users] Antartica region problem

Ryan Hofschneider ryan.hofschneider at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:30:59 EDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 8:22 AM, Andrew Bailey wrote:

> I'm very much a geoserver/openlayers newbie but i've cobbled
> together a
> basic map showing blue marble imagery of the antartic region. The
> problem i have can be best described by the attached image - a radial
> section from the pole is not being displayed followed by a rectangluar
> section on the right hand side.

Just quickly scanning your email, without getting into the details of
what projection your data is in natively, or GeoServer settings, etc.,
I would guess  that you should be looking more closely at GeoServer,
and not OpenLayers.

To confirm, fetch the image as a JPEG from GeoServer via WMS without
getting OpenLayers involved. You can either compose a WMS request URL
directly, or you can use GeoServer's WMS reflector mechanism which
tries to hide some of those details. See:
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/WMS+Reflector+-+Include+maps+on+your+webpages,+the+easy+way

You will find that the geoserver-users mailing list is a great place
to get help with GeoServer-specific issues.

Cheers,
Ryan