[OpenLayers-Users] problem with multiple SRS

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Thu Oct 30 12:21:11 EDT 2008

Le Thursday 30 October 2008 17:00:42 Jerome Freyre, vous avez écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to do something special with OL but I have a lot of problems...
>
> My DB contains points in EPSG21781.
>
> My customer wants to have a google map layer.
>
> I tried to define the map project in EPSG21781 but it seems that it does
> not work.
>
> I thought that i can modify the DB but it will make a lot of problem
> because points are used in other software so I have to keep them in EPSG
> 21781.
>
> I found very little information about a project called proj4js but nothing
> about this SRS....
>
> Has someone got a solution to keep my srs and the gmap layer?
>
> Thx,
> Jérome

Hi Jérome,

If you are using google map as a base layer, you have to use EPSG:900913 as
projection parameter (and use 'sphericalMercator':true in your map options
array). That's mean you need to reproject your data either server side, or
client side.

You can reproject your layer with pro4js (there is some information in the
archive of this mailing list) client side.

If you use WFS with Mapserver you can reproject it setting the correct
projection in LAYER and MAP, after adding the projection definition in proj4
(/usr/share/proj/epsg file).

Hope it helps you,

Regards,

Y.