[OpenLayers-Users] kml example

Jeremy Jackson jeremyjac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:38:55 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the openlayers emailing list.  Just wanted to introduce myself.

I have a question about the kml sundials
example<http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/kml-layer.html>.
In line 43 of the code, you get what I've copied below:

map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("KML", "kml/sundials.kml",
               {
                format: OpenLayers.Format.KML,
                projection: map.displayProjection,
                formatOptions: {
                  extractStyles: true,
                  extractAttributes: true
                }
               }));

My question is this: How does it know where to find the file called in line
43 of the code - " kml/sundials.kml" ?  If I wanted to change the code so
that it would call a file I've saved either on the web or on my computer,
what steps would I have to take?  I've tried simply putting the
http://address of my kml files in there but it doesn't work that way.
Any
suggestions?

Thanks,