[OpenLayers-Users] GeoRSS question

Deli Soetiawan crushfire2004 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 05:06:06 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I have some questions about GeoRSS thing in OpenLayers (2.6):
1. How to set GeoRSS layer to reload data after specified interval,
example i want to reload my GeoRSS layer every 2 minutes, currently i use
php generated georss as url, something like:
rssPoints = new OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS('GeoRSS','georss.php');

2. Is georss layers support for line & polygon drawing? or i need to use
GML layer instead?

3. How to display georss points one-by-one like we can see on demo of
OpenGTS when we replay vehicle trip history?
http://track.opengts.org/track/Track?page=menu.top

4. GeoRSS vs GML vs KML layer, which better for starter? i currently use
GeoRSS since it really easy for the markup to write, but since GML output
and GeoRSS output was .xml maybe i should move to GML/KML...

Very much thanks for such a great mapping API,
Deli Soetiawan