[OpenLayers-Users] Vectors with text

Linda_Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 11:08:36 EDT 2008

I got it to work in FF but that little SOB IE will not work.

Here is where the problem is:

The hierarchy is:

oval
--textbox
----span

For some reason in OpenLayers 2.7, not in OpenLayer 2.6, the textbox gets an
automatic height of 5.625pt and width of 10.75pt and there is nothing on
this earth that will change it.  I have tried setattribute,
label.style.width.  I just do not know where it is inheriting that from.  If
I go into IE Developer Toolbar and delete height and width then the text
shows up.

Any help would be great.

Linda Rawson

Linda_Rawson wrote:

> I am trying to fold this into Openlayers 2.7 rc2 and having a devil of a
> time.
>
> Here is the files that I have changed:
>
> Renderer/Element.js
> Renderer/SVG.js
> Renderer/VML.js
> Geometry/Collection.js
> Geometry/LinearRing.js
> Geometry/Point.js
>
> What else is there to make this work?
> Do you have this working with the latest version?
>
> Thanks,
> Linda Rawson
>

> Pierre GIRAUD wrote:
>>
>> You should be aware that this work is still in progress. This is the
>> reason why it is in a sandbox.
>> Of course the sandbox code differs from the trunk with some files
>> added, what you correctly noticed.
>>
>> The easier way to get it working locally is to download the sandbox code
>> :
>> svn checkout http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/vectorSymbols/
>>
>> Once again, this code continues to evoluate, some bugs are fixed,
>> functionnalities are added or removed. It won't be stable till it goes
>> into trunk if it does.
>>
>> However, you can try it and I would be please if you can give feedback
>> as far I as I am the developer of this code.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pierre
>>
>> On Dec 7, 2007 9:43 AM, Andy Dale <andy.dale at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to be able to assign a label to a vector.  I have found the
>>> following
>>> example
>>>
>>> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/camptocamp/text/examples/vector-features-with-text.html
>>>
>>> I cannot get it to work locally.  I have looked at the OpenLayers.js in
>>> the
>>> lib directory of the this example and found that i did not have the
>>> following files:
>>>
>>> Style.js
>>> Rule.js
>>> Rule/FeatureId.js