[OpenLayers-Users] OL custom api builder?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Sep 25 05:44:11 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:43:16PM -0700, Deli Soetiawan wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> I set up some demo that will reproduce the error:
> 1. here was the working link:
> http://60.253.96.3:8080/bin/demo1.html
> and here reference to js file:
> http://60.253.96.3:8080/bin/lib/OpenLayers.js
>
> 2. here was the error link, notice i didn't compress my JS so you can see
> whats wrong on that js (~765kb):
> http://60.253.96.3:8080/bin/demo2.html
> and here the js (uncompressed, beware its big, ~765kb)
> http://60.253.96.3:8080/bin/ol_custom_u.js
>
> Hope you can help me :D

1. Never change what's in [first]. Specifically, you're including
other classes before Util.js: don't do this. The error message you got
from this would have been helpful: "OpenLayers.Util is undefined".
Anyway, if you drop your first to:

[first]
OpenLayers/SingleFile.js
OpenLayers.js
OpenLayers/BaseTypes.js
OpenLayers/BaseTypes/Class.js
OpenLayers/Util.js

then it works.

2. You don't need include and exclude. Just include. Drop the long list
of excludes.

3. You forgot to add Control.Scale.

Once I change these things, I get something that seems to work on my
local system. You have other Javascript problems -- for example, your
setInterval function tries to call setUrl on a global rssAgents value
which won't exist at the time it's called -- but at least it works.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta