[OpenLayers-Users] Display Point from Polygon WFS

Florent Gravin florent.gravin at bluecham.net
Thu Apr 2 00:46:42 EDT 2009

I use PostGIS database, and then, geoserver.

for exemple, i have a table called "countries", with population, density
attribues, whom geometry is polygon.
if i understand, you suggest to create a new table "countries_point" from
countries, using ST_Centroid to get point as the geom column, and duplicate
attributes (population, density)
so i have to similars tables... and then i call a request WFS on
"countries_point" ?

I guess it works, but it's not very good to have a redundance of 2 tables...
(updates...)
there is no tools like WFS special parameter, or openlayers tips to display
polygon feature as point ? (we can do it easly with WMS)

thks