[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer - number of circles

Brad Spencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Fri Apr 3 18:39:51 EDT 2009

I have built a file upload and display feature that generates a temporary
vector layer [as if markers] that are a series of graduated circles with
mouseover popups. This works like a treat for relatively small files of
points. But if I load a lot of points [over 2,000] it takes a long time to
load and panning and zooming is very slow. I assume its just the number of
local vectors.

Is there any techniques that I could use to improve load times as well as
navigation refreshes?

Cheers, Brad..