[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer - number of circles

Vivien Deparday vivien.deparday at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 20:24:24 EDT 2009

Hi Brad,

You are right, it is because the number of features is too important (
see the faq in the section vector
<http://faq.openlayers.org/vector-related-questions/what-is-the-maximum-number-of-coordinates-features-i-can-draw-with-a-vector-layer/>).
One solution is to use the cluster strategy, it will speed up your
display (see the two examples: http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/ ) If
you don't want to cluster your features, another solution would be to
use a simple wms for big extents and then use your vector layer with a
BBOX strategy for smaller extent. That way only the features in the
visible extent will be requested (see also the example). That all I came
up with, maybe someone will have a better idea...

Hope it helps,

Vivien