[OpenLayers-Users] clientside

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 21:28:16 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I'll apologize now for the novice's questions to the list. I'm developing a
site which can't run on Mapserver. That is, the hosting environment doesn't
want to be responsible for the maintenance of the binaries, or the php
module. Can anyone suggest a direction or example which pre-loads the data
to OL without Mapserver (that is either a .Mapserver layer or a mapscript
loaded wms instance? The map itself is simple, a raster image as a base
layer, and what should be a queryable points layer, presumably drawn as a
set of markers. Ideally the results of these querys should produce unique
user derived maps. Any help would be appreciated.