[OpenLayers-Users] customizing on error behaviour

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at fermasoft.com
Fri Apr 17 05:37:12 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I need to customize my application in order to be able to
react to a communication error with the WMS server.

I have been surfing around the OpenLayers code but could not
understand which ( if any ) entry point I have available in
order to catch when OpenLayers recognizes a com. error with
the server .

Let me be a little clearer : when OpenLayers sends the pink
tile it recognizes that there is an error; what I would
like, here, is a way to get a callback to my code by
"extending" an OpenLayers default function. I saw that in
Util.js the function OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError does
the do the trick by setting the background color. Is there a
way to get notified somehow that the function has set the
background as a consequence of detecting an error loading
the tile ?

Obviously I can modify the Util.js lib ... but I would like
to create a wrapper so that I will be "update" safe ( unless
you do some major rework on that function ) ; can you please
point me somewhere ?

TIA

Marco