[OpenLayers-Users] How to make web map faster

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Thu Aug 6 03:14:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

the first question should be asked at the MapServer Userlist.

as for the second, I cannot think of a way of preloading to gain speed,
but maybe I am missing a point here.

Regards,
Marc

Mr. Bic Phuong schrieb:

> Dear OpenLayers Developers and Users,
>
> Currently I'm using MapServer and OpenLayers for my web map which has:
> - 1 tilecache layer (base map)
> - 17 WMS layer
>
> So there are 2 big problems:
>
> - There are 17 connections to ArcSDE Oracle in the map file. How can I
> use 01 connection for all layers ?
>
> - It's too slow to load when visitors turn on more than 2 WMS layers,
> the tilecache layer is ok but WMS layers is two slow. I'm wondering
> whether there is any way to load a part of layer or something similar
> to make it faster?
>
> Thanks for your attention and your help is highly appreciated!

  Diplom-Geograph Marc Jansen
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Irmintrudisstraße 17
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -53
  Fax:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email:  jansen at terrestris.de
  Web:    http://terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin:  terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams