[OpenLayers-Users] Scale text outside the map

Rahn Hanno (rahn) rahn at zhaw.ch
Thu Aug 6 02:05:07 EDT 2009

Hello list,

I have another question. Perhaps somebody can help me.

I try to realise a Sclae text. It should be something like this 1:25000. For this I use the Scale Control.

var scale = new OpenLayers.Control.Scale({

            div: document.getElementById("kartenElemente")

});

map.addControl(scale);

I want to place the Scaletext outside the map. For this I use the div Option. But it doesn't work. Can somebody please help me? Is there a possibility to place the control outside the map in an extra div?

Thank you a lot for your help.

Greetings

Hanno Rahn

Hanno Rahn, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Geoinformatik

ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen

Fachstelle Geoinformatik

Grüental, Postfach CH-8820 Wädenswil

Tel +41 (0)58 934 5592

Fax +41 (0)58 934 5580