[OpenLayers-Users] Scale line accuracy

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Thu Aug 6 11:11:57 EDT 2009

Hi,
The projection of my OL map is in epsg:900913 and displayProjection is
epsg:4326.
It seems that scaleLine control and measure control do not return good
values. The scaleline value and the measure are always higher than
expected.

For the measure control I set geodesic: true and now the results are good.
But I don't understand why I should specify geodesic: true if my map is
projected?

For the scaleLine I can't figure out why the scale is not good.

Ideas or extra info on these controls would be appreciated.
thanks,
Steve

Steve Toutant, M. Sc.
Analyste en géomatique
Secteur environnement
Direction des risques biologiques, environnementaux et occupationnels
Institut national de santé publique du Québec
945, avenue Wolfe
Québec, Qc G1V 5B3
Tél.: (418) 650-5115 #5281
Fax.: (418) 654-3144