[OpenLayers-Users] Blank PostGIS Layer with Openlayers

Suresh Nimbalkar vedsur at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 09:41:34 EDT 2009

I am trying to display a simple postgis road layer with Mapserver 5 and Openlayers. I am not getting the PINK screen, suggesting success in layer drawing. However, the map is blank. I know that the postgis is installed properly since I do a bit of GIS computations with the data stored in it with PHP..

The important parts of map files are provided belowLAYER
    NAME                "Roads"
    CONNECTIONTYPE    POSTGIS
    CONNECTION        "user=suresh password=suresh dbname=sitedatabase host=localhost port=5432"
    DATA                "stretch_geom from stretch"
    STATUS            ON
    TYPE                LINE
    CLASS
        color         255 0 255
    END
END # Layer

The HTML template is a standard one with the following line in init() function

           map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map' );
           var layer1 = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "Circle", "http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv", {map: '/var/www/vedsur/MumbaiPG.map'}, {gutter: 15});
           map.addLayer(layer1);

Have been struggline with this problem for a while. Please help.

Thanks and regards,
Suresh

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/