[OpenLayers-Users] WFS and PostGIS

Juan Arévalo arevaco90 at yahoo.es
Sun Aug 16 18:56:57 EDT 2009

Hi all!

I am working on a WFS-T using Geoserver 1.7.6, OpenLayers 2.8 and PostgreSQL
with PostGIS. I am able to display the WFS examples from Geoserver such as
Tasmania roads, however I am not able to do the same for one of my layers
stored in the PostGIS DB (One layer with 385 points). I can display the
layer using gvSIG but not in my Openlayers map.

Here is my code that doesn´t show any error:

var wfs2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Water Point Same", {
		displayOutsideMaxExtent: true,
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
              url:  "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
			  style: "point",
              featureType: "water_points_same",
			  featureNS :  'http://www.openplans.org/topp',
			  featurePrefix: 'topp',
              //srsName: "urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:4326",
			  srsName: "EPSG:4326",
              version: "1.1.0",
			  geometryName: 'the_geom',
 schema:
"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?request=GetFeature&typeName=water_points_same&outputformat=text/xml;%20subtype=gml/3.1.1"
   })
});
map.addLayer(wfs2);

I added this piece of code to see if Openlayers can get the extent:

map.zoomToExtent(wfs2.getDataExtent(), true);

and I got the following error: "bounds is null" in Map.js

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Juan