[OpenLayers-Users] setting overview extents

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:07:49 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I've added the default overview map and I'm getting some strange behavior.
First, it only targets the first baselayer (i.e. when I switch between a
NASA layer, and the Metacarta WMS it stays on the NASA layer. Also, it
appears to be very zoomed in and pixelated (Landsatt 7 layer), whereas I'd
like it so simply show the bounding box of the current map's extents. Does
anyone know why 1) it's only targeting the top-most baselayer, and 2) how to
set the overview map to display the bounds of the map?

Thanks in advance! code for the map is below
map = new OpenLayers.Map ("map",
{
controls:[
new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation(),
new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar(),
new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher(),
new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap()],
   sphericalMercator: true,
   maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508.34,-20037508.34,20037508.34,20037508.34),
   maxResolution: 156543.0399,
   numZoomLevels: 19,
   units: 'm',
   projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
   displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
}
);
--
Nicholas Efremov-Kendall