[OpenLayers-Users] Correction: setting overview extents

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:31:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I've added the default overview map and I'm getting some strange behavior.
First, it only targets the first baselayer (i.e. when I switch between a
NASA layer, and the Metacarta WMS it stays on the NASA layer and does not
change when the maps zooms in or out. Also, it appears to be very zoomed in
and pixelated (Landsatt 7 layer), whereas I'd like it so simply show the
bounding box of the current map's extents. Does anyone know why 1) it's only
targeting the top-most baselayer, and 2) how to set the overview map to
display the bounds of the map?

Thanks in advance! code for the map is below
map = new OpenLayers.Map ("map",
{
controls:[
 new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation(),
new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar(),
 new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher(),
new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap()],
   sphericalMercator: true,
   maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508.34,-20037508.34,20037508.34,20037508.34),
   maxResolution: 156543.0399,
   numZoomLevels: 19,
   units: 'm',
   projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
   displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
 }
);
--
Nicholas Efremov-Kendall