[OpenLayers-Users] Split Control aftersplit event

Fabian Patzke patzke at geoinformationsdienst.de
Wed Aug 26 10:45:53 EDT 2009

Fabian Patzke <patzke at ...> writes:

> Hi there,
> i want to use the split control on one of my Vector(WMS) Layers. So i set up
> a control based on the examples:
> http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/split-feature.html
> http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-snap-split.html
> my code is below. The control itself seems to work, if I use the active
> eventListener it will print out a message, but the aftersplit event doesn't
> seem to be triggered. Is there anyone who does have an idea on how to do
> this. I tried it with and without deferDelete.
> thanks in advance.
It works,
was my fault. I tried it on a polygon layer. I thought that it would work, but:
http://doc.openlayers.org/library/controls/split.html#control-split-detail
is leading me to the conclusion it only works with line layers. Maybe it would
be good to mention this on the api site as well :)
Greetings,
Fabian