[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers Book

Chip Taylor ctaylor at preparedresponse.com
Tue Jan 13 17:31:14 EST 2009

Just curious about your statement "I don't think we should take it upon
ourselves to waste beautiful Saturdays generating documentation for free
(person opinion)."  Why would you "waste your beautiful Saturdays"
generating code for free then?  Code without good documentation is less than
product and code without documentation at all is good only for the person
who wrote it in the first place - and then only as long and that person can
remember how they did things!  Open Source is cool, Open Source is fun but
there has to be a reason for a person to make that effort to develop the
software.  Most times that reason is the pride in a job well done and the
appreciation one feels when you see your efforts being used.  Without good
documentation to accompany that immense effort of development, neither the
pride nor satisfaction can be truly realized.  My opinion only of course.
(and I am grateful for what has been accomplished here!)

Chip Taylor
Lead Web Developer

Prepared Response, Inc.
1142 Broadway Plaza, Suite 400
Tacoma, WA 98402
253-272-1483 office
253-948-2525 cell
253-272-1562 fax
ctaylor at preparedresponse.com

www.preparedresponse.com

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Prepared Response, Inc. immediately at (206)
223-5544 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments