[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers Book

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Jan 14 08:48:49 EST 2009

 I think Chris's point is that he would prefer coding than documenting
and I imagine that is a great drive to doing OpenLayers because in
addition to some monetary there is some pleasure in it.

I find nothing wrong with that.  I think for example I like documenting
more than most people because it provides me an opportunity to look thru
the code and exercise what I see is possible.  For any successful
project it takes all kinds.

The point is if people find documentation useful, they should stop
yapping about how important it is and just start doing it/funding it.

I also tend to disagree that code is useless without documentation.
Much of the power of open source is you start creating something great
and someone else who has the need/energy to study the code uses it too.
It builds until then lesser skilled people start looking at what others
have done and realize "Hey this is great stuff and easy to use" and then
we get to where we are where people start demanding for better
documentation to push to the next level.

I much prefer documentation heavy in examples.  I think what Chris has
is a good start.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Regina