[OpenLayers-Users] Hover control sample (share)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Jan 15 12:29:04 EST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Eric Lemoine <eric.c2c at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing your code Alexandre.
>
> I thought about a Feature control in the past. That control would use
> a Feature handler internally and would be configured to work either in
> hover or click mode, just like the SelectFeature control. But, as
> yours, it wouldn't select features, but just trigger events when
> features are hovered or clicked. To avoid code duplication I also
> imagined that the SelectFeature control could be based on that control
> instead of relying directly on the Feature handler.

just a quick note: I have chosen the same approach (a control that
just triggers events) for the WFSGetFeature control [1]. See the
example [2] for more details. I'll create a ticket with a patch during
the process of getting the new WFS stuff from the topp/wfs sandbox
into trunk.

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/sandbox/topp/wfs/lib/OpenLayers/Control/WFSGetFeature.js