[OpenLayers-Users] Practical number of vector features...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jan 23 19:40:12 EST 2009

Hi all: Are there any guidelines for the number of vector features that OL 2.7 can handle? I'm feeding is 450 point features
as GeoJSON and IE 7 in particular takes forever (ok, just a minute or so) to render the interface. Firefox 2 is quicker but is
jerky with pan and box zooms. If I make the GeoJSON feed smaller (say under 100) then things work as expected. These is
are anecdotal ramblings from a XP window box and a crappy labtop (so it may just be me)...

Steve