[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.ProxyHost

alyssa wright apw217 at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 26 16:23:38 EST 2009

hi all.

with ivan's help i made some progress.  but i am still wondering if
anyone can help me fully resolve my proxyhost.  i believe it's an
apache/mac thing.  i've gotten an url for georss.html to run in safari,
but not firefox.

the error says: "uncaught exception: Access to restricted URI denied
(NS_ERROR_DOM_BAD_URI)"  in XMLHttpRequest.js.
the xhr requests says 0.

here's a run down of what i did:
1) i saved proxy.cgi into /Library/webserver/CGI-Executables
2) then i did the chmod +x proxy.cgi
3) i was working apache through mamp, which i think was a problem.  so i
uninstalled mamp and i enabled websharing in the sharing preferences pane.
4) then i did http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi which brought me to a
local openlayers site in both firefox and safari (yay!!)
5) then i attempted to set the proxyhost variable.  after a couple
different tries, i saw that setting it to: OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "";
works in safari, but not in firefox.

once figured out, i promise to write the greatest how to ever.

thanks again,
alyssa.