[OpenLayers-Users] Projection object, use and documentation.

David Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 05:19:48 EST 2009

Hi List

I have having some problems with the Projection object,  I am trying to
use it set up a layer ojbect on a google map layer.

The projection object OpenLayers. Projection  includes functions to return
the SRS code units string for maps and takes an optional object with
properties to set on the format.

What is the syntax for this option argument ?
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.7/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Projection-js.html.

I have seen the projection object set up via just quoting a SRS string, is
this the valid or is something more complex like the map object exptected?

Is a better solution to forget the Projection object and use the
OpenLayers. Layer. SphericalMercator object instead?

Dave.
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the
Pinan Software