[OpenLayers-Users] Projection object, use and documentation.

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 30 07:02:19 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:19:48AM -0000, David Potts wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I have having some problems with the Projection object,  I am trying to
> use it set up a layer ojbect on a google map layer.

David,

By default, you may not need to use anything to accomplish this goal.
Can you explain what you mean more by a 'layer object'? (Rasters,
vectors, etc.)

> The projection object OpenLayers. Projection  includes functions to return
> the SRS code units string for maps and takes an optional object with
> properties to set on the format.

The latter was a mistake in the documentation, now fixed:
  http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Projection-js.html#OpenLayers.Projection.OpenLayers.Projection

> I have seen the projection object set up via just quoting a SRS string, is
> this the valid

Valid and expected.

Have you read http://docs.openlayers.org/library/spherical_mercator ?

Christopher Schmidt