[OpenLayers-Users] question about the measure control

Aaron_Gundel at sjwater.com Aaron_Gundel at sjwater.com
Wed Jul 1 18:33:12 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a question about the measure control in openlayers....  I noticed
today that after we upgraded to Openlayers 2.8, the behavior for the
control is somewhat different than it was in 2.7, with the primary
difference being that if you're "in a hurry" so to speak and don't make
your clicks slow and deliberate, an invalid distance appears on the
initial click.  I checked and it doesn't look like its just me -- it
happens on the example page also.

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/measure.html

Click while you're in motion and it's fairly easy to replicate.  Your
initial distance will vary based on...well I'm not sure, but the distance
is not zero as you might expect.  Any thoughts on what might be causing
this behavior?

Aaron