[OpenLayers-Users] Can't get OpenLayers to Co-operate with TileCache resolutions

soatley shawn at niagarafalls.ca
Thu Jul 2 22:29:11 EDT 2009

Getting closer yet....

I figured out that it has to do with the metaSize parameter.  I tried
setting it to the default (5,5) and the problems were corrected.  I am able
to get it up to 8,8 without a problem.  Once I hit 9,9 or above, I start
getting oddities - the higher I go, the more I get.  Wierd.....

One thing I am not noticing is that OpenLayers is requesting tiles that are
way outside my bounds.  For example, on my Zoom level 0, it is asking for:
/tilecache/basewdrawing/00/000/000/028/000/000/024.png

This is way out because my zoom level 0 is only 1 tile (256X256) and the
entire map takes up about 1/10th of the tile.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?  The client doesn't get any error
messages, but there are a ton of 404's happening in the background along
with the increased traffic from the browser to the server attempting to get
all these crazy tiles.

Shawn