[OpenLayers-Users] Get feature name from GML

Anthony Masinton amasinton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 02:11:05 EDT 2009

I'm a new user of OL and would like some help with getting feature
names from GML.

I have a layer based on a GML file with several polygons in it.
Using the select-feature-openpopup example I am able to highlight
each polygon and display a popup which gives the feature's ID
(feature.id) and its area - as shown in the example.

What I would like to display in the popup instead is the name of the
feature from the GML file's gml:name tag for the selected feature.

Is there any way to do this?  I've searched the docs but they are a
bit opaque to me.

Thanks in advance.
-- Anthony